1st Agriculture & Tourism Expo
Saturday, July 02, 2011
Last June 30 to July 2, 2011, a grand exposition marks the First Agriculture and Tourism Expo held at Halls B and C World Trade Center, Pasay City. The event's theme: "Attaining Economic Progress through AGRO-TOURISM - Building strong networks among Filipinos" featured the Philippines both Agriculture and Tourism in One-Stop show that will help enhance the economy worldwide through a series of awareness campaigns, learning seminars, product exhibits and cultural performances.
These years objectives are as follows:
1. To generate sustainable economic growth and development through Agri-Tourism;
2. To develop world-class Agri-Tourism sites all over the country;
3. To promote awareness and encourage government agencies, different organizations and the private sector to provide national development assistance;
4. To enhance agricultural productivity;
5. To create employment and income opportunities in the rural communities;
6. To attract more tourists and investors to the country; and
7. To provide an avenue to promote brands, services and products related to Agri-Tourism
Participants from different agricultural sectors take part to this momentous event. Planters Products as one of the leading Filipino Agricultural Chemical Company exhibits the Crop Protection Products and subsidiary products including Chopsticks, NOBAC Deodorizers and Advanta Seeds.
The Guest of Honor and Keynote Speaker Honorable Francis N. Pangilinan, Senior Chairman-Committee on Agriculture gave his inspirational message on the importance of Agri-Tourism in becoming a major factor in strengthening the economy and bringing the agriculture and tourism industries into new heights.